Tyltgo is a Y-Combinator company that helps SMBs and enterprises grow through our innovative logistics software platform and B2B marketplace. We have raised $2.3M to date to build out this vision, from top investors including Y Combinator, TI Platforms, Former Tilt CTO & Former Airbnb Head of Payments Khaled Hussein, Former Traveloka CTO Derianto Kusuma, and more.
Our goal is to become the all-in-one logistics solution for merchants struggling to compete online. We want to empower every merchant with Amazon-level logistics capabilities, regardless of if they’re your local coffee shop or a national meal-kit provider. On one side of our marketplace, we aggregate vendors across the full shipping supply chain ranging from fulfillment centers, trucking companies, insulated packaging suppliers, and last-mile delivery couriers. On the other side of the marketplace, we offer these services to merchants -- giving them everything they need to affordably and reliably scale their business. We’re already working with notable Canadian brands such as General Assembly Pizza, TruLOCAL, WeCook, and local SMBs across Ontario/British Columbia. We will be continuing our national expansion into Alberta and Quebec later this year.
All founding team members have done countless amounts of deliveries themselves, and spent thousands of hours talking to SMB owners. We’re doing this because in today’s economy, consumers expect a world-class same-day delivery experience and too many companies not named Amazon lack the proper infrastructure to deliver on that promise. Tyltgo is here to change that.
What you’re looking for:
- Highly ambiguous problems to solve -- oftentimes without the data, resources, or timeline to do so.
- Personal and professional growth -- you will learn more in 1 year at a seed-stage tech startup than in 5 years elsewhere.
- A work environment with autonomy & ownership over the initiatives you choose to work on and the impact you bring as a result.
- An opportunity to work cross-functionally and gain a deep understanding across merchant & courier operations, sales, strategy, product development, marketplaces, and technology.
- A company with a track record of promoting from within and investing in the growth of their people.
- An opportunity to have a tangible impact on the real world.
What you'll be doing:
- Conducting "Discovery sales" where you'll close irrespective of the state of the product
- Segment and develop marketing content from the discovery sales call that you'll be conducting
- Conduct outreach via email, LinkedIn, phone calls and other outreach channels
- Work alongside the Engineering to shape the product in the best way possible for customers
- Source good leads using different tools and methods
We're looking for someone with:
- Minimum 2-4 years of sales experience in a dynamic environment; prior startup experience is a plus
- The ability to sell and close deals as an individual contributor without an established playbook
- A knack for finding problems on your own and solving them, without being asked to
- The ability to develop compelling messaging for marketing and describing the product in writing and orally
- Strong analytical skills to abstract and present data, trends and business information to support fast decision making
- A quick learner: Ability to pick up new concepts, tools, and processes and own and improve them instantaneously
Nice-to-haves / Okay-not-to-haves:
- Experience with BI tools like Metabase, Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc...
- Experience with sales tools like Apollo, Zoominfo, Salesloft, etc...
- Experience with CRM's like Hubspot, Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc...
- Prior start-up experience with a desire to understand all aspects of the business from marketing and sales to product development
- Prior experience in the logistics industry
- $60-$90k salary
- 0.01-0.2% equity compensation